|Laura Rowe Photography|
Considering I do not do as much as I used to, it's hard to garner some life's lessons for you guys.. but alas, the holidays are upon us and lessons are abound...
1. That I actually do like turkey. Typically, I stay far away from that dry bird, but I think my mom finally got it right. I had turkey salad twice yesterday. (That's only lettuce, turkey, olives, & spicy ranch dressing.
2. When you lay it on the line with the egyptian, he listens. I was cool about it - I just said, "Please, try harder." He responded. Sometimes they just need a little push from time to time.
3. I can get a spark of happiness from time to time. One of my dearest friends and former co-workers from the Girl Scout days invited me to join her for 3 days in Savannah, Georgia. She is in charge of a big GS event, and asked if I just wanted to tag along - meals/lodging all included. Go to Savannah for $0 for the weekend? Well - hell yeah!
4. That I am not 100% ready to give up on my current career field. I keep losing out on various interviews, and began to think maybe my run was over. I started thinking of going back to school, switching career fields all together, or just settling for mediocre. But that push is still in me. I keep reapplying...
5. My niece is my one piece of sunshine. She is like a ready made ball of laughs. We giggle, we play - and we play hard. We drive each other crazy, and we are like two peas in a pod. She is smart too! We were playing the Sims3, and I asked what we should do about a 3rd bedroom for our little Crabtree family. Do you know what she said? Je ne sais pas! She heard me say that all the time, (it means I don't know in french, and in stead of saying I don't know - I ALWAYS say Je ne sais pas. Somehow, she picked it up and used it properly in a sentence. She's five!)
6. That I actually enjoy jogging. Autumn and I went to the park, and I started walking the track, while my dad was riding his bike. Autumn wanted to race. Granted, I can't run to save my life, but I can jog - and it felt great.
7. That I am 85% closer to enrolling in this Travel Agent Certification class. Hell, why not?
8. All I apparently need are the 4 suitcases in the living room, and my shelf of products in the bathroom.
9. I miss cooking. I can't wait to find a job - get my own place again, and invite my friends over for dinner!
10. Still not sure what lessons I am supposed to learn from all of this - but I am trusting there is a point to it all.